Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Grilled Pineapple with Cream and Thyme

Why did the pineapple stop in the middle of the road?
Because it ran out of juice.


The temperature outside is getting hot!  During the day, I find myself reaching for more and more fruit.  Today in particular, I reached for some slices on pineapple and thought (daydreamed, rather) about how delicious they would taste grilled.  Since I did not want to go outside in the heat this afternoon I decided to try my hand at 'grilling' them on the stove top.  Lord knows you can't leave the pineapple all by its lonesome...so I also whipped up some fresh cream and grabbed some herbs from my garden.

Here's what you need for my Stove Top Pineapples with Cream and Thyme (1 serving, increase if you feel like sharing....i didn't):
3 slices of pineapple, canned works fine if you don't have fresh on hand
1 teaspoon of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 dash of agave syrup
1/4 cup of heavy cream
1 dash of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of fresh thyme



Spray a pan with some olive oil, place on medium high heat.

Add sliced pineapple to pan.

Flip.  Salt, pepper and add a couple of dots of agave syrup onto the pineapple.

Flip to check caramel-ness.  Almost.

Yes! Better!

Plate up.

Take a close whiff.

Add 1/4 up of heavy cream to a bowl (or mixer).

Add a dash of vanilla.

Whip it up (I did by hand).

Add sugar.  Mix. Whip. (try not to eat it all just yet)

Get a plastic sandwich bag.

Place cream inside.

Seal up for fancy piping.  Cut a small corner for fancy piping (or not so fancy as I prove....).

Get your fresh thyme.

Separate from stems.

Attempt to decorate....utterly fail.  Sigh.

If your piping looks as bad as mine, re-stack the pineapple on top of each other and spoon all the mis-hap cream into the center.

Not as pretty, but oh sooooooooo good.

Perfection...almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment