Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Leftover Roasted Chicken Croissant Sandwich

If a croissant could talk,
I'm sure it would try to butter me up.


Mmmmm......buttery goodness.  Flakyness.  Lightly Toastedness....hmmm....vino...(as I get distracted...)

Back to the lunch.  This is a quick leftover roasted chicken sandwich.  Light and flavorful.  I used some of the Garlic Dijon Roasted Split Chicken Breasts I made the other day.  Also, I was able to pick some fresh greens from our garden (hoo-ray!).  I just adore a croissant sandwich.  I think my friend Taisa got me hooked on them last year...she managed to always order one with chicken salad everytime we went out to lunch.  (Side Note: Jason's Deli makes their chicken salad with pineapple...it's good, you should try it).  Anyways, back to it.

Here's what you need:
croissant (1 for each sandwich)
some greens
left over roasted chicken
sun dried tomatoes
plain goat cheese
aged balsamic vinegar



Grab a croissant (or two).

Slice open.

To toast or not to toast....for shizzle, I'm toasting that sucker....

 Add greens (from your garden, or otherwise).

Add pieces of leftover roasted chicken.  Yum. Chunkyness...

Add sun dried tomato.

Top with crumbles of plain goat cheese.

Drizzle some aged balsamic.  Cause, duh and/or hello...

Top.

Slice.

Chomp!


No comments:

Post a Comment