Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Toast with Goat Cheese, Tomato and Balsamic

Why is breakfast in bed so easy?
It's just a couple of rolls and a turnover.

Ok, Okay.  I will admit, I am a bit of a morning coffee addict.  I love it.  I especially love the automatic Nespresso milk frother that was given to us as a wedding present.  Coffee topped with warm frothy milk and cinnamon powder is like waking up in a relaxing snuggly cloud.

Some days, I skip breakfast all together and opt for multiple cups of cloudy goodness.  Today, I was craving something savory in addition to my coffee...Toast with Goat Cheese, Tomato and Balsamic.


Here's what you need:
1-2 slices of whole grain/whole wheat toast
1-2 teaspoons of plain goat cheese
slices of fresh tomato (any kind would work, I used small vine here)
1 teaspoon of reduced balsamic vinegar (or a thicker, aged more balsamic would also work)
salt
pepper 



Get out your desired bread.

Get out goat cheese, slice tomato.

Toast to your desired toastyness.

Spread goat cheese on toast.

Top with sliced tomato.

Top with salt and pepper.

Finish with drizzled or droppled reduced balsamic vinegar.



No comments:

Post a Comment