Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Green Smoothie: Spinach, Tropical Fruit and Greek Yogurt

What do you call an alligator in a vest?
An Investigator.

Ok, I know, I know...alligators have nothing to do with smoothies.  But the color of this smoothie kind of reminded me of the swap we visited in south Georgia to see gators, so there you go.

Green smoothies are a fantastic way to get some extra daily veggies in.  Swap out your breakfast or lunch for one.  I know its green, but just close your eyes and get over that because it tastes delicious.

Here's what you need:
1 cup of Frozen Tropical Fruit (I used Wawona Spectrum Blend from Costco)
2/3 cup of orange juice
2 heaping spoonfuls of plain Greek yogurt (I used Kirkland Brand Plain Nonfat, also from Costco)
2 large handfuls of spinach



 Frozen Fruit Blend

 Add to blender.

 Add 2/3 cup of orange juice.

 View from above.


 Add 2 heaping spoonfuls of plain nonfat Greek yogurt.


 Add 2 large handfuls of spinach.

 I like to pulse on ice crush a few times to get the frozen fruit broken down, then I hit high and blend away.  If your frozen fruit is clogging the smoothie up, feel free to add 1/3 cup of water to help it blend along.


 Pour into a glass and enjoy.

See ya later alligata!

No comments:

Post a Comment