Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Maple Veggie Sandwich with Avocado, Goat Cheese and Arugula

What did the yeast say to the bag of flour?
Come on, we knead to be serious.


I love, love, love when friends introduce me to new food.  My buddy Sarah recently showed me frozen maple flavored veggie sausage patties.  They are by Morning Star Farms, take 1 minute to cook and are full of protein.  I have been eating them for breakfast for the past week.

For lunch today, I got a little crazy and made a sandwich out of one.  This is one of those sandwiches you will either love or hate.  I mean, it's maple flavored-ish.  Weird? I enjoyed it.  Morning Star Farms also makes a bunch of different kinds of patties, so you can find which flavor suits you.

Here's what you need( or knead....he he he):
1 sandwich bun, I used whole wheat
1-2 tablespoons of plain goat cheese
2 slices of tomato
salt and pepper to taste
a handful of arugula
2-3 tablespoons of guacamole, or slices of fresh avocado
1 maple flavored veggie sausage patty (Morning Star Farms)



Get out a bun.

Slice that sucker open.

Toast it up.  Cause I like my buns toasty...

Get out some goat cheese.

Spread some on your bread, or crumble on.

Get a tomato.

Slice off 2 or so pieces.

Top goat cheese with tomato.  Salt and pepper it.

Top with arugula.

Spread other side of the toasted buns with guacamole, or fresh avocado.

Take out 1 frozen patty from the freezer.

Microwave for 1 minute.

Add to sandwich.

Top together and take a big bite (or five).

No comments:

Post a Comment